The October 2010 Photo Hunt is my first monthly challenge. I really enjoyed looking at my list of 20 items daily and pushing myself to take more photos of things I usually don't. I look forward to the upcoming challenges and hope to become more creative with the themes. These were all taken in October.
1. In Disguise - A Halloween skeleton.
2. Crisp - A dried up fall leaf.
3. Fall Colors - This was taken on the way to the coast for some saltwater fishing.
4. Jack o' Lantern - Harvey dropped and cracked his little pumpkin. Following the crack I made the mouth and added the eyes.
5. Shot From the Ground - The sunlight was in just the tops of the trees. Here, I am laying on the sidewalk looking up.
6. Landscape - I took this shot on three different days to get the composition how I wanted it. The colors kept getting prettier as the days went on.
7. Fall Traditions - Pumpkin patch 2010.
8. Books - Some of Harvey's favorite books.
9. Dining - Weekend lunch.
10. Child / Children - Harvey.
11. Faces Formed in Nature - This piece of drift wood will eventually be used to mount Harvey's first fish.
12. Tilt-Shift Photography - This is the farm where we picked the pumpkin.
13. B&W with Selective Coloring - Fall leaf.
14. Bokeh - This spider has been outside the window at work for weeks. This is the best bokeh I was able to get. Hoping to improve that technique after Christmas with a new lens.
15. Best Photo taken October 23rd - Clearly I didn't take many pictures on the 23rd. Harvey was trying on his costume for my parents.
16. Something from the Kitchen - I love my Henckels knives.
17. Something Vintage - This is a chair in the bathroom at work.
18. Something Creepy - The spider again.
19. Something Golden - My girl Julie.
20. Self -Portrait - This is me.