Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Paper Mama - Friends

Friends is the theme of this week's photo challenge at The Paper Mama. All photos must include a child in some way. This is Harvey (my first human child) with Julie (the first of my two beagle girls).

Harvey has always loved our animals. We have three cats (Nigel, Owen, and Little Bit) and then the beagles, my girls (Julie and Hannah). The cats never stick around when Harvey is on the loose. Hannah only allows Harvey to get close when food is involved. But Julie seems to like the attention. She doesn't seek him out but she also doesn't mind if he pets her gently or plays with her ears. She is five so maybe too old, but I imagine her really taking to him when he is a little bit older.





This was taken last month. It was one of my first shots with the new 50mm lens at 1/100, f/3.2, and 1600. I wish the photos wasn't so grainy. When I used the luminance slider it looked rediculously plastic. I think the problem here may be the high ISO. I didn't use my lightscoop. I think I was testing out the capabilities with the lower f/stop. Here is a smaller version of the original.



All the technical stuff aside I think this photo is so sweet.




Follow this link for more entries!

The Paper Mama

1 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

awwww I hope they'll be best buddies for a lifetime!