Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday Scavenger Hunt

I made sure I took the time to find all the themes this week. Here are my interpretations.







1. Golden - By the time we get home in the evenings the sun is almost behind the trees in the distance. I was taking a few pictures of my son in the swing when I noticed the sun light through the fork in the tree. My front yard is small. There is always something in the way messing up just about every picture I take. I would have liked to include the whole tree but I wanted to crop out the truck and the recycle bin and I think a cat.


2. Smell - My husband gave me flowers week before last. It was a pretty bouquet full of fragrant flowers. These are the last of them.


3. Fruit - This morning I cut up apple for my son.


4. Simple - This one was hard. I originally selected this photo of my son for his clothing. He is dressed in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. But now I think the action is a better interpretation of simple. He is doing nothing more than walking around the front yard.

Once again the lighting of the front yard is against me. Because of the direct light in the background I decided to convert to Sepia then adjust the fade to add just a little color.


5. Sport - I got my son a base ball set this weekend. I was not happy with the pictures I took this time around. So, here is the bat and ball after he moved onto something else, the slide, I think.

4 comments:

Justine said...

what great shot, I love the flowers and apple best. Fantastic job

Unknown said...

Good job, love your little guy, and the flowers and apple shots are great.

Ashley Sisk said...

These are all great - I especially love your smell shot. How sweet of your husband to buy you flowers. Oh and that sunflare is great! I love sunsets during this time of year!

Unknown said...

Very nice! I absolutely LOVE that sunflare. :) I actually really like that only a part of the tree is in the shot, I think the composition is great. I also really like your smell shot.