Click below for Ashley's interpretations and other entries for the week:
Here are mine
1. Side lighting - I chose a photo of Harvey on the swing. This was taken during the week so it's about 6:00pm. The light in the front yard is difficult but the way he was turned he gave me a side-light picture.
2. Jack o Lantern - We went to the pumpkin patch on Saturday. I found a little pumpkin for Harvey. We took some pictures at the patch. Also this weekend we played ball. He is getting really good at throwing. So putting the two together he picked up the pumpkin this morning and threw/dropped it. There was a crack almost all the way around. It went through the bottom knot. I wasn't planning on carving this pumpkin but I figured it would rot with the crack so we took a knife to it today. This pumpkin had the hardest skin ever. It was either the size or because it was the knobby kind. Doing the best I could I used the crack to make a mouth and I had to twist a knife to make the eyes. I've never carved a pumpkin with the bottom as the face. I think it's interesting.
3. Faces formed in nature - Casey loves to fish. He can barely wait for Harvey to catch his first fish. Casey found this piece of drift wood a few weeks ago. He brought it home and has decided to use it as a mount for Harvey's first fish. I found a face in the drift wood. The holes are the eyes. There is a pointy piece in the middle that makes up the nose. And finally an indention for the mouth. (At some point I'm going to photography this again. I think a different composition will make this much better especially with the 'nose'. It really stick out but you can't tell here.)
4. Sunset - This is what I got this evening.
5. Warm - Smores. Yum! Our neighbors came over and we roasted marshmellows and ate way too many smores tonight. I had hoped to photograph a gooey smore but we ate them all. Here is what remains of the fire.